2019 Touring and Camping park open dates: 1 April – 31 October
Thirlestane Castle Caravan Park is a friendly and family run site. We have space coupled with peace and quiet and are going to great lengths to protect this. We are the perfect location to base yourself whilst exploring all that the Borders of Scotland has to offer and only 25 miles south of Edinburgh. The Park is in the grounds of Thirlestane Castle which is open to the public May - October and hosts a variety of events throughout the year. Check the website for more information on forthcoming events.
Site Facilities include:
• Modern toilet and washing facilities
• Disabled and family bathroom
• WiFi (payable)
• Overnight late night parking
• Electric hook-ups
• Discounted access to Castle & Grounds
• Daily fishing permits available
• Laundry and drying facilities
• Food preparation, dish washing facilities & fridge
• Eating out facilities and shops within 1 mile
• On bus route to Edinburgh city centre
• Direct access to Southern Upland Way
• Childrens play area
• Pets welcome (on a lead)
Motorhome over 8 mts
Cost per night
£21 per night*
* Price based on two adults, 3 children. For additional people and groups, please check when booking.
Booking for 7 consecutive nights includes one free night. Discounts apply for Caravan Club Members.
Kids under 16 FREE. Pets welcome. BBQ's welcome, fire-pits not allowed.